- About Us
- Research Programmes
- AFR PhD & Postdoc Grants
- Private-Public Collaborations & Innovation
- International Cooperation
- Science in Society
- Support for Research Communication
- Calls, Forms & Guidelines
- FNR Awards
- News & Events
- Searchable Project Database
Horizon 2020 is the European Union’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation. It offers innovative companies and research organisations unique opportunities to join R&D and innovation projects carried out by international teams with co-funding from the EU. It is designed to strengthen Europe’s competitiveness through a wide variety of funding instruments and other targeted measures. By strengthening research, innovation and technology, Europe hopes to induce job creation through growth.
The programme finances research projects as well as projects targeting innovation issues that drive so-called intelligent, sustainable and inclusive growth.
The activities of Horizon 2020 are organised in three main blocks:
- The Excellent Science block has the aim to strengthen the EU’s position in the field of fundamental research
- The Industrial Leadership block aims to strengthen Europe’s industrial leadership through innovation
- The Societal Challenges block targets solutions for the most pressing societal problems
For more information (funding, calls, national contact points) please click here.