- About Us
- Research Programmes
- AFR PhD & Postdoc Grants
- International Cooperation
- Science in Society
- Support for Research Communication
- FNR Awards
- Calls, Forms & Guidelines
- News & Events
- Searchable Project Database
Funding for Promoting Science to the Public
The objective of the “Promoting Science to the Public” funding programme is to strengthen the exchange between science and society. The programme supports projects that raise public awareness of scientific topics and projects that publicise research being carried out in Luxembourg. “Promoting Science to the Public” funds
- researchers to disseminate their knowledge to schoolchildren, students and the general public and to enter into a dialogue with them;
- teachers, private individuals and non-profit organisations to deliver projects for schoolchildren, students and the general public that give an insight into science and the work of scientists.
- 6 weeks before the project start for applications for a grant of up to €15,000
- 3 months before the project start for applications for a grant of over €15,000
Funding of a minimum of €1,000 up to a maximum of €50,000 may be granted per application.
The FNR’s financial contributions under the “Promoting Science to the Public” initiative are to be understood as co-financing. For large projects, a larger proportion of your own resources or third-party resources are expected. Exceptions may be made in justifiable cases.
Submitting an Application
Further details on how to submit an application as well as the application documents can be found here.