- About Us
- Research Programmes
- AFR PhD & Postdoc Grants
- Private-Public Collaborations & Innovation
- International Cooperation
- Science in Society
- Support for Research Communication
- Calls, Forms & Guidelines
- FNR Awards
- News & Events
- Searchable Project Database
Funding for Promoting Science to the Public
The aim of the funding programme "Promoting Science to the Public" is to bring science closer to society. The scheme funds projects that allow the target audience to come into contact with science and research interactively. "Promoting Science to the Public" helps
- researchers share their knowledge with school children, students and the wider public and engage in dialogue with them;
- teachers, private individuals and non-profit organisations to lead interactive projects for school children, students and the wider public, giving them an overview of science and research and/or scientists' research methods.
- 6 weeks before the project start for applications for a grant of up to €15,000
- 3 months before the project start for applications for a grant of over €15,000
From January 2015, for operational reasons, "Calls for proposals" will be introduced.
From January 2015 onwards, applications must be submitted twice yearly at fixed deadlines:
1. Call in year:
- Deadline of 1 March (or on the first working day after this date) for projects taking place after 30 April
- Notification of decision: up to mid-April
2. Call in year:
- Deadline of 20 October (or on the first working day after this date) for projects taking place after 15 December
- Notification of decision: up to start of December
Funding of a minimum of €1,000 up to a maximum of €50,000 may be granted.
The FNR’s financial contributions under the “Promoting Science to the Public” initiative are to be understood as co-financing. For large projects, a larger proportion of your own resources or third-party resources are expected. Exceptions may be made in justifiable cases.
Submitting an Application
Please click here for the application documents.
All proposals must be submitted before the relevant submission deadline in electronic format to the FNR online submission system https://grants.fnr.lu.