- About Us
- Funding Instruments
- AFR PhD & Postdoc Grants
- Private-Public Collaborations & Innovation
- International Cooperation
- Science in Society
- Support for Research Communication (RESCOM)
- Calls, Forms & Guidelines
- FNR Awards
- News & Events
- Searchable Project Database
AFR in Brief
The FNR's AFR Grant Scheme (Aides à la Formation-Recherche) provides funding for PhD and postdoctoral research training projects in Luxembourg and abroad, up to 4 years for PhDs and up to 2 years for postdocs.
The AFR scheme has two strands:
- AFR PhD provides funding for doctoral candidates in Luxembourg and abroad.
- AFR Public Private Partnerships (AFR PPP) provides funding for doctoral and postdoctoral candidates collaborating with an accredited company based in Luxembourg.
The FNR contributes to the improvement of working conditions and career perspectives for researchers, on the one hand by enabling employment contracts between AFR beneficiaries and their host institutions and on the other hand by raising awareness of researchers' rights and responsibilities at an early career stage.
The AFR funding scheme is in line with the principles advocated in the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
The AFR programme has no thematic limitations and is open to all researchers, regardless of their nationality, desirous to engage into research training in Luxembourg or abroad. In the selection process, the interest of the project in the context of Luxembourg R&D will nevertheless be evaluated.