- About Us
- Research Programmes
- AFR PhD & Postdoc Grants
- Private-Public Collaborations & Innovation
- International Cooperation
- Science in Society
- Support for Research Communication
- Calls, Forms & Guidelines
- FNR Awards
- News & Events
- Searchable Project Database
Public-Private Partnerships under AFR
The AFR scheme supports researchers who carry out their PhD and/or postdoc training in collaboration with a private company in Luxembourg.
- A supplementary incentive is paid by the FNR under the AFR-PPP scheme:
2014 - Salary Index 775.17
max. AFR contribution to work contracts (including employers’ charges)
- To benefit from the AFR supplement, private companies need to be in possession of an accreditation by the Ministry of Economics, certifying their R&D activities in Luxembourg. If the company is the AFR beneficiary’s main host institution, a work contract is established and the grant will be paid directly to the company.
- The research project is jointly developed by the AFR candidate, the private company and the public partner; it needs to be innovative and create new knowledge.
- The private company plays an active role in the supervision and the training of the PhD/postdoc researcher.
- A contract, specifying the contributions of each partner to the research project, including an agreement on IPR, needs to be concluded between the public research body and the private company.