- About Us
- Funding Instruments
- Private-Public Collaborations & Innovation
- International Cooperation
- Science in Society
- FNR Publications
- News & Events
- Searchable Project Database
The FNR actively encourages research collaboration between researchers in Luxembourg and abroad. Indeed, Luxembourg does not possess a critical mass of researchers that would allow the creation of high-performance research teams in all scientific domains and, in order to achieve international excellence, it is paramount for researchers cross national borders. In order to optimise the visibility of Luxembourg as an attractive site for research activities within Europe, the FNR plans to reinforce collaborations with selected countries as well as its own international cooperation instruments.
- M-ERA.net Transnational Call 2015
- HERA JRP Call for Transnational Humanities-Led Research Proposals under the Theme "Uses of the Past"
- Call for Bi-Lateral Projects with the Agence Nationale de la Recherche - ANR (France)
- Call for Bi-Lateral Projects with the Schweizer Nationalfonds - SNF (Switzerland) (ongoing)
- Call for Bi-Lateral projects with Research Council UK - RCUK (United Kingdom) (ongoing)
- Call for Bi-Lateral Projects with the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft - DFG (Germany) (ongoing)
- Call for Bi-Lateral Projects with the Fonds zur Förderung der wissenschaftlichen Forschung - FWF (Austria) (ongoing)
Below you will find a list of international funding schemes where Luxembourg participation is facilitated through the FNR's INTER Programme.
Bilateral Project Funding
- United Kingdom: Cofunding of bilateral projects with Research Council UK (RCUK)
- Germany: Cofunding of bilateral projects with the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
- Germany: Cofunding of bilateral projects with the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- EMBL: Cofunding of bilateral projects with the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
- Switzerland: Cofunding of bilateral projects with the Schweizer Nationalfonds (SNF)
- Austria: Cofunding of bilateral projects with the Austrian Science Fund (FWF)
- France: Cofunding of bilateral projects with the Centre National de la Recherche (CNRS)
- France: Cofunding of bilateral projects with the Agence national de la recherche (ANR)
- Poland: Cofunding of bilateral projects with Narodowe Centrum Bodon i Rozwoju (NCBR) in Innovation and Services
- Belgium (Flanders): Cofunding of bilateral projects with the Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (FWO)
- Belgium: Cofunding of bilateral projects with the F.R.S - FNRS
- Belgium: Cofunding of bilateral projects with the Belgian Federal Science Policy Office (BELSPO)
- USA: Catalyzing New International Collaborations (CNIC) - NSF
Multi-lateral Project Funding
- Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) Joint Programme
- European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP)
- European Research Area Networks (ERA-NET)
Click here to see if there is a call ongoing in any of the schemes and to find out if you may benefit from INTER support.
The AFR Grant Scheme (Aides à la formation recherche) supports PhD and postdoctoral research training projects in Luxembourg and abroad. The AFR programme has no thematic limitations and is open to all researchers, regardless of their nationality, desirous to engage into research training in Luxembourg or abroad. In the selection process, the interest of the project in the context of Luxembourg R&D will nevertheless be evaluated.
Also, the INTER Mobility Programme has been developed as a means to fund research stays abroad from Luxembourg researchers as well as visits to Luxembourg from foreign researchers (6 weeks to 1 year).
ERCIM Grants (European Research Consortium in Informatics and Mathematics) are intended to attract young researchers of post-doctoral level from anywhere in the world to work on a research problem in informatics and mathematics at two research centres in the ERCIM network.