- About Us
- Funding Instruments
- AFR PhD & Postdoc Grants
- Private-Public Collaborations & Innovation
- International Cooperation
- Science in Society
- Support for Research Communication (RESCOM)
- Calls, Forms & Guidelines
- FNR Awards
- News & Events
- Searchable Project Database
Funding for Promoting Science to the Public
The aim of the funding programme "Promoting Science to the Public" is to bring science closer to society. The scheme funds projects that allow the target audience to come into contact with science and research interactively. "Promoting Science to the Public" helps
- researchers share their knowledge with school children, students and the wider public and engage in dialogue with them;
- teachers, private individuals and non-profit organisations to lead interactive projects for school children, students and the wider public, giving them an overview of science and research and/or scientists' research methods.
Please note that, for operational reasons, "Calls for proposals" have been introduced and applications must be submitted twice yearly at fixed deadlines:
1. Call in year:
- Deadline of 1 March (or on the first working day after this date) for projects taking place after 30 April
- Notification of decision: up to mid-April
2. Call in year:
- Deadline of 20 October (or on the first working day after this date) for projects taking place after 15 December
- Notification of decision: up to start of December
Contributions from EUR 1,000 min. up to EUR 50,000 per application may be approved - in general, EUR 50,000 is the maximum contribution that can be approved per year.
Financial contributions from the FNR under the “Promoting Science to the Public” scheme should be exclusively understood as co-financing. In the case of large projects, applicants will be expected to provide a higher proportion of own resources or external funding. Exceptions may be possible in justified cases.
Submitting an Application
Please click here for the application documents.
All proposals must be submitted before the relevant submission deadline in electronic format to the FNR online submission system. It is no longer necessary to submit hard copies of the applications!