The protection of individual personal data is an important concern of ours. The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal information. The processing of the data gathered on this site is done by FNR staff or any persons who may replace them.
Personal information is collected on this web site only by one’s voluntary registration, for example by subscribing to a newsletter. The collected information will not be transferred to any commercial company or organisation in Luxembourg or overseas.
In accordance with the Law on the Protection of Persons with Regard to the Processing of Personal Data, the site user has, in particular, the right to access, rectify and delete the private data concerning him or her. To exercise this right, contact the FNR (e-mail: info_at_fnr.lu). You can also choose to contact the CNPD (national commission for data protection).
The FNR, as a public institution, has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). MGSI sàrl has been mandated in this function.
About the processing of your data
The data controller
The Fonds National de la Recherche (FNR) is the data controller.
Maison du Savoir
2, avenue de l’Université
Tel : +352 26 19 25-1
Fax : +352 26 19 25-35
The FNR is a public corporation set up under the Law of 31 May 1999 (published in Mémorial A no. 88 of 06 July 1999) with the mission of contributing to the ongoing and long-term development of the national public research system. For any questions regarding this site and its contents, or to contact the FNR, you can contact us by email or write to us at the postal address above.
The data processed
We collect your personal data in various situations:
- our contact form,
- your subscription request to our newsletter
- when you contact us by email or by social media
- when you register to an FNR Event and participate to that event
- when you register to our FNR Online Grant Submission System
- when you submit a (spontaneous) job application or you respond to a job offer
In these different circumstances, we may collect and process the following categories of personal data:
- Personal identification data (surname, first name, postal address, employer name);
- Electronic identification data (GSM number, telephone number, email address);
- Connection data (cookies, IP address).
For what purpose do we process your data?
We use your personal solely for the purpose of:
- responding to your information or contact requests. This processing is carried out with your consent,
- sending you our newsletter and any news related to our company’s activities (our services, the conferences and trainings we organize, the events in which we participate, our partnerships). This processing is carried out with your consent,
- This processing is based on entering into a contract.
- manage allowances and donations from public sources or private in research sector. This processing is based on legal obligation.
Your personal data will be retained for as long as required for the purposes described above or in so far as such is necessary for compliance with statutory obligations and for solving any disputes.
FNR stores and transfers personal data as much as possible inside the European Union. Nevertheless, FNR might transfer personal data outside European Union in accordance with the data protection law.
FNR Online Grant Submission System
Grants.fnr.lu applicant system provides applicants a web services interface for automated submission and further monitoring of completed grant applications and related services.
The system allows applicants who submit grant applications for different FNR instruments to bundle their different applications under one account in order to ease the process of further monitoring and auditing.
When submitting a job application to the FNR, one of the following two scenarios apply:
- your application is not retained. In that case, your personal data and all the documents you sent the FNR are deleted. You will be informed by email too.
- your application is retained, you are invited to an interview, but finally not engaged for the applied job. In that case, we will ask for your explicit consent to keep your application data for a maximum period of 24 months to consider you for other positions. If after this period, we feel it necessary to retain your records, we will write to you. The request to retain your records will set out the reasons why we wish to hold the information for a longer time period. If you do not want to be considered for other positions, FNR will delete all your data. If we do not receive a response with 8 weeks, we will delete your records.
When registering to an FNR Event, you submit your last name, first name, institution name and email address, and possibly the name of an accompanying person. The personal information collected will be processed by the FNR for the purpose of organising the event. FNR will use this personal information to provide information and data about the organisation of the event, to conduct satisfaction surveys, or to communicate about other events organised by FNR. Under no circumstances will your collected personal data be passed on to external third parties.
The collected data is deleted at the end of the project/event.
Furthermore, when registering to an FNR Event, people accept that photographs (photos and/or films) may be taken during the event which the FNR would like to use for promotional purposes on its communication channels (digital platforms such as the FNR website and FNR social networks, the FNR newsletters or printed materials such as the FNR Annual Report).
When contacting us via the contact form, we require your name and email address. By sending the form you agree that your data will be collected and used by the FNR to process your request.
See also: FNR Legal Notice