In collaboration with ChronosHub, the FNR is organising webinar for researchers on how to use ChronosHub on Monday, 15 of February between from 14:00 – 15:30 CET. Researchers currently supported by (or planning to apply for) FNR funding are encouraged to attend, as this will have a direct impact on their publishing/payment activities. *FAQ now available*
What is ChronosHub?
To simplify the processes related to the 2017 and 2021 FNR Open Access Policies and the Open Access Fund, the FNR has partnered with ChronosHub, an Open Access management platform. This collaboration will facilitate the compliancy check with the FNR Open Access Policies and the direct payment of Article Processing Charges (APCs) for authors and institutions and will replace the FNR Open Access Fund Call, starting for peer-reviewed articles published in 2021 and thereafter.
What are the consequences for 2021 and thereafter?
The Open Access Fund Call in 2021 will be the last and will be open for all peer-reviewed articles published in 2020. All FNR (co)–funded grants, for which an Open Access Policy applies, that publish a scientific article in 2021 and thereafter, must submit their manuscript through ChronosHub to have the eligible amount of APCs directly paid by the FNR.
Monday, 15 February 2021, 14:00 – 15:30 CET
Online (Zoom): https://zoom.us/j/96975592150
Meeting ID: 969 7559 2150
- Introduction on old and new FNR Open Access Policies by FNR
- Tutorial on how to use ChronosHub by ChronosHub
- Q&A session
To log into ChronosHub, please visit: https://fnr.chronos-oa.com/. Through ChronosHub, it is possible to directly check if journals are compliant with the FNR Open Access policy. Once a journal is selected, ChronosHub will take you to the journal’s submission page, or enable you an easy submission directly to the journal through Chronos. Upon acceptance, ChronosHub will take care of checking the compliancy and paying the respective amount of APCs for you to the publisher. After payment, if remaining APCs are still left to be paid, you will receive an invoice by ChronosHub. If you have additional questions on the workflow to follow or have received an APC invoice for an eligible publication, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following material/information gives a complete overview (for example in case researchers are not able to join the Webinar):
- We have up-dated our website on the Open Access Fund with how to easily find out which OA policy applies to which grant and an overview on ChronosHub: https://www.fnr.lu/funding-instruments/open-access-fund/
- Here you can find all previous recorded Webinars on ChronosHub, Tutorials etc: https://storage.fnr.lu/index.php/s/9CuNMDI9bgnY1dX
- The Webinar from 15/02/2021 will be recorded and uploaded to this repository as well.
- And here is the material on the Webinar that the FNR organized on all new policies in 2021: all slides, the entire recorded webinar and the FAQ with all questions and answers discussed during the Webinar, also very detailed on ChronosHub: https://www.fnr.lu/evolution-of-fnr-funding-policies-in-2021