The Public² programme aims to support collaborative research projects between research institutions on one hand and the public sector (public bodies or authorities) on the other hand.
Research projects should aim to jointly attain results that will be valuable to both parties: the research institution will be able to address new research questions or to address research questions in a new way, while the public sector will benefit from access to high-level research competences in order to innovate.
Examples are research projects directed towards digitalisation and/or service improvement in the public sector and research projects directed towards the design and/or implementation of new public policies.
The specific objectives of the programme are to:
- stimulate strong partnerships between public research institutes and other public bodies, particularly activities that promote innovation and sustainable value creation;
- utilise and strengthen national testbed facilities and living labs
DURATION & FUNDING SPECIFICS
- FNR will support projects for a minimum of 12 and maximum of 36 months
- Maximum funding per project: 500,000 EUR – the total budget for the 2017 Call was 1 MEUR – view funded projects
- 25% of the eligible project costs must be covered directly by the public body
- Significant contributions in kind, e.g. through the appointment of new professors/researchers, acquisition of infrastructure, 4th year of the PhDs are expected from the public institutions.
All proposals must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System. Please submit under CORE-PPP.