The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) has launched a Call for the award ‘Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development’ to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas. The award is open to young researchers and has an application deadline of 23 May 2017.
The award, under the patronage of Minister Professor Johanna Wanka, honours young researchers each year. The winners come from numerous countries and scientific disciplines and are recognised for their outstanding achievements in making society more sustainable. Selected by a high-ranking jury of German experts the 25 award winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite – this includes:
- An invitation to Germany in 2017 to participate in a fully funded two-week science forum. While touring Germany, top locations will open their doors to the Green Talents and offer them an exclusive insight into their facilities and projects.
- A chance to present themselves and their work in personal discussions held as part of individual appointments with experts of their choice (during the two-week science forum).
- A second invitation to Germany in 2018 for a fully funded research stay of up to three months. At an inspiring location of their choice, the Green Talents will gain new experiences and advance their professional careers while establishing long-lasting partnerships.
- Exclusive access to the “Green Talents Network” of currently 182 high potentials in sustainable development from over 50 countries.
Who can apply
The award is open to all disciplines as long as it is related to sustainable development. In 2017 the award has a focus on “Sustainable Production and Consumption” and this year’s Science Forum, taking place in October, will integrate sustainability hot spots in Germany related to this theme.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolment in a Masters or a PhD programme in any field related to sustainable development or must have completed their degree (Master/PhD) with significantly above-average grades in a similar programme no more than three years before the end of the application process.
- Excellent proven command of English.
- A non-German citizen or anyone not residing in Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary).
How to apply
Deadline is Tuesday, 23 May, 12:00 CET
Applications must be submitted via the Green Talents website