From 26 to 29 February 2020, the University of Luxembourg Incubator again offers the possibility to discover entrepreneurship through a hands-on experience with expert support: The Ideation Camp. The 3-day workshop is open to all Bachelor through to PhD-level students from the University of Luxembourg, as well as University staff and PhD students from Luxembourgish research centres.
The Ideation Camp is a 72-hour practical workshop on entrepreneurship, which allows participants to experience what it takes to be an entrepreneur by working on their business ideas. A pre-existing idea is NOT needed to participate.
Run for the first time in October 2017, the Ideation Camp will be organised twice per year and is open to all staff and students of the University of Luxembourg (students from Bachelor, Master or PhD level), regardless of their specialisation. The event is as well also open to PhD students at research centres in Luxembourg not affiliated to the University.
Date, time, location
Wednesday, 26 February 2020, 18:00, to Saturday, 29 February 2020, 15:00
Maison des arts et des étudiants, 6, avenue de la Fonte, L-4364 Esch-sur-Alzette (Belval campus)
How to register
Participants must register as soon as possible to take part in the event.
Developing ideas in small teams
During three days, the aspiring entrepreneurs develop their ideas in small teams, supported by experienced mentors from the Luxembourgish entrepreneurship ecosystem. Besides, they are offered four workshops on:
- How to network and find the right team members
- How to evaluate an idea
- How to build a financial model
- How to pitch ideas
The concept of the Ideation Camp allows participants to develop an entrepreneurial mind-set, to collaborate with people of different backgrounds and by this acquire vocational skills highly valued in the job market. Having speakers and mentors from the startup ecosystem participating, gives participants access to a community favourable to networking and opening up career opportunities.
A round table showcasing startups of the University of Luxembourg and participants of former Ideation Camps complements the programme. It provides participants with impressions about how attending entrepreneurship events hosted by the Incubator can open up careers and first-hand experience on the steps and challenges to expect when building a company.
Video impressions of the Ideation Camp
Read about the Ideation Camp in the press:
- Testimonials from peers:
- “Rise (surpass yourself, fall, get back up) and pitch!” (LinkedIn) by Maya Garman (17.12.2019)
- “Three Crazy Days In The Shoes Of An Entrepreneur” (Medium) by Nora Tchassem (22.10.2019)
- “Four lessons learned from three intense days of living like a entrepreneur” (LinkedIn) by Catherine Reyes (16.03.2019)
- “An intensive crash course on life as an entrepreneur” (Luxembourg Times) by Daniel Rhodes (16.11.2018)
- “Wo Ideen Wirklichkeit warden” (Lëtzebuerger Journal) by Mara Kroth (13.03.2018)
- Visit of a journalist at the 1st Ideation Camp (Luxembourg Times)
- Mentoring at the Ideation Camp (Lëtzebuerger Journal)
The University of Luxembourg Incubator was created in the framework of the University’s Entrepreneurship Programme and is supported by the FNR’s KITS programme as well as the Fondation Veuve Emile Metz-Tesch.