The FNR in 2016 joined the ERA-net NORFACE (New Opportunities for Research Funding Agency Cooperation in Europe) network as a funder. The FNR has allocated funding for the T2S call, enabling Luxembourg-based researchers to participate as partners in a NORFACE proposal.
To study the challenges targeted in this call, both inter- and transdisciplinary approaches that enable researchers to address the interconnections and interdependencies between natural and human systems, as well as between science and society, are needed. This programme has two major objectives:
- To develop understanding of and promote research on transformations to sustainability which are of significant social, economic and policy concern throughout the world and of great relevance to both academics and stakeholders.
- To build capacity, overcome fragmentation and have a lasting impact on both society and the research landscape by cultivating durable research collaboration across multiple borders, disciplinary boundaries, and with practitioners and societal partners. This includes facilitating the development of new research collaborations with parts of the world which are not often involved in large-scale international research efforts, notably low- and middle-income countries.
Please note that the International Social Science Council (ISSC) will fund research teams in low or lower-middle-income countries only. (Covering 83 low – and lower-middle-income countries).
The programme is structured around three themes, every research project should focus on at least one of these themes:
- Governance and institutional dimensions of transformations to sustainability
- Economy and finance of transformations to sustainability
- Well-being, quality of life, identity, and social and cultural values in relation to transformations to sustainability
FUNDING & DURATION SPECIFICS
- The total funding available for this T2S programme over a period of three years has been set at a minimum of 13 MEUR across the international funding partners (small and large projects are equally welcome.)
- The total funding requested from the T2S partners must not exceed 1.5 MEUR across all participating partners for each project.
- Projects can last up to 36 months.
This Call has a pre-proposal stage with a deadline of 5 April 2017, after which shortlisted applicants will (by June 2017) be invited to submit full proposals by 12 September 2017.
All applications must be submitted via The Belmont Forum Grant Operations (BFGO) System. which is the submission and review portal for the T2S Call.
In addition, all proposals must then be submitted to the FNR Online Grant Management System – along with the FNR INTER documents – no later than 5 days after the T2S deadline.
The FNR has allocated 500,000 EUR for this Call, which is expected to fund up to 2 projects.
View this Call on the NORFACE website for the latest updates – update 23/02/2017: Lithuania has joined the Call