To help execute meaningful research projects in the area of Science of Science, the FNR seeks to recruit for an immediate opening a Research Associate with a strong interest in science of science and proven research capabilities. The position is on a permanent (CDI), full-time (40hrs/week) basis. Deadline to apply is Friday, 26 May 2023, 12:00 CET.
- Carry out empirical analyses, e.g, prepare graphs, tables, other descriptive and econometric analyses according to the needs of the team;
- Contribute to drafting research papers, reports, presentations and other relevant outputs;
- Contribute to data and indicator collection and the management/maintenance thereof;
- Review academic and policy research and literature in the areas of interest for Science of Science;
- Assist in meetings with national and international partners and ensure the preparation and follow-up thereof;
- Relate to a variety of stakeholders (e.g. other funding agencies, Ministries, scientists or citizens) as needed for related Science of Science tasks.
Ideal candidate profile
- You hold a university degree in economics, statistics, or another relevant field of study that provided you with a strong foundation in quantitative analysis and statistical methods;
- You have good knowledge of statistical software (e.g. STATA, R); programming skills and good knowledge of Python and Qualtrics (or the willingness to learn it) would be a plus;
- You have experience in handling large datasets, including data collection, management and validation techniques;
- You have strong analytical abilities in the use of statistical and econometric tools to address policy-relevant issues;
- You have good knowledge of, and keen interest in, topics relevant to Science of Science, and are able to read and understand related academic literature;
- You have good drafting and reporting skills in English.
- An excellent level of written and spoken English is required.
- The opportunity to contribute to making science funding more efficient, more impactful and more inclusive;
- The possibility to work at the heart of Luxembourg’s young and dynamic research ecosystem and to network with variety of local and international stakeholders;
- The opportunity to work closely with leading academic experts in the field, and to participate in academic work, conferences and networks;
- The opportunity to meet and interact with policy-makers;
- A permanent employment contract;
- A compensation commensurate with your experience;
- A high level of autonomy and flexible working hours.
How to apply
Interested? Please send your application to FNR Secretary General Marc Schiltz, with an indication of the reference RA_SoS_2023-1, including a motivation letter written in English and a detailed CV, by Friday, 26 May 2023, 12:00 CET, to: firstname.lastname@example.org