The FNR seeks to recruit a Science Writer / Science Communicator with a strong interest in journalism, science, research, public debates and politics. The position is on a permanent full-time contract (CDI). Deadline to apply is 28 February 2022.
You will become part of the Science in Society team within the FNR and will be in charge of writing and commissioning/editing articles and fact checks for science.lu about scientific topics which are of interest for public debates. Furthermore you will create posts, infographics and videos for science.lu social media and help prepare fact checks in video formats. You will also be involved in other activities of the Science in Society team of the FNR. The position demands a high level of writing, communication and language skills and a high reactivity towards the latest trends and news.
- You hold a Masters degree (Bac +4) or a PhD in natural or social sciences or in journalism.
- You have perfect writing skills in either German or French, and you have very strong writing skills in German, French and English, and you understand Luxembourgish (written and oral).
- You have a demonstrated interest in journalism, science, science communication towards the public and politics.
- A previous work experience or training in journalism, science communication and/or research is considered an advantage.
- You actively follow the public debate and keep yourself updated and are passionate about the latest discoveries and developments in science and technology.
- You are rigorous and well organised and have a sense of initiative and responsibility.
- The opportunity to connect science and society and to have an impact on evidence-informed public debates;
- The possibility to work at the heart of Luxembourg’s young and dynamic research ecosystem and to network with a variety of stakeholders;
- A permanent employment contract;
- A compensation commensurate with your experience;
- A high level of autonomy and flexible working hours;
- Career development opportunities.
Please send your application to FNR Secretary General Marc Schiltz, with an indication of the reference SC2022_1, including a motivation letter written in English and a detailed CV including, if possible, samples of your work for lay audiences, by Monday 28 February 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org