The FNR seeks to recruit for an immediate opening a Research Programme Manager to strengthen our team within the material and physical sciences domains and public-private research partnerships. The position is on a full-time, permanent (CDI) basis – deadline for application is Monday, 5 March 2018.
You will become part of the team managing the FNR research programmes and will be in charge of organising and monitoring activities within the material, physical and engineering sciences as well as promoting these programmes towards the research community. You will also supervise industry partnership and knowledge transfer programmes. The position demands a high level of interaction with team members and the research community.
- You hold a Master’s degree in material sciences, physics or engineering and a PhD or similar experience in R&D;
- Work experience is a strong asset;
- You have affinity and understanding of R&D management (basic and applied research projects) and knowledge transfer in general;
- Knowledge of the Luxembourg public and private research landscape is considered an advantage;
- You have a sense of initiative, responsibility, organisation and communication;
- You are fully proficient in English and have operational knowledge of either German or French. Luxembourgish is considered an advantage.
- The opportunity to provide valuable impact on research and the scientific community in Luxembourg;
- The possibility to work at the heart of Luxembourg’s young and dynamic research ecosystem and to network with a variety of stakeholders;
- A permanent employment contract;
- A compensation commensurate with your experience;
- A high level of autonomy and flexible working hours;
- Career development opportunities.
Please send your application, with an indication of the reference PM2018_1, including a motivation letter written in English and a detailed CV, by 5 March 2018, to:
Ms Jill Mousel
Fonds National de la Recherche
Maison du Savoir – 2, avenue de l’Université
B.P. 1777 / L-1017 Luxembourg