In the framework of Esch2022 the Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR), in collaboration with the Centre de Musiques Amplifiées – Rockhal, the University of Luxembourg and LIST, seek to recruit a Project Coordinator / Event Manager (CDD) with a strong interest in project management, event organisation and communication. Deadline to apply is 29 November 2020.
The contract is a part time (75%) limited contract (CDD) for 24 months (opening in February or March 2021).
You will coordinate the project “Remix Science: The Sound of Data” – an interinstitutional collaborative project that brings together the worlds of science, music and innovation. You will be part of the FNR’s science communication team and work together with the steering committee of the project, composed of representatives of the Centre de Musiques Amplifiées – Rockhal, the University of Luxembourg, LIST and FNR. Your main tasks will be to move the project forward, to do all the administrative work between the project partners and Esch22 and to organise conferences and communication activities to promote the project to the public (booths, videos, articles, media requests…). The position asks a high level of interaction with the project partners, Esch2022, scientists, musicians and the general public.
- You hold a bachelor or master’s degree and/or have confirmed experience in the fields of project and/or event management.
- You are interested in music, science and innovation
- You have proven project management skills and are able to run projects autonomously, including financial planning, reporting and budget follow-up
- You have operational knowledge of English and either German or French. Luxembourgish is considered an advantage.
- You are an excellent networker and communicator, able to liaise and interact with the broad variety of actors in the science and music sectors
- Knowledge of the Luxembourg culture landscape is considered an advantage
- Good writing skills are considered an advantage.
- The chance to be part of an innovative and experimental project that mixes science, music and innovation
- The possibility to work both at the heart of Luxembourg’s young and dynamic research ecosystem and music/cultural scene
- The opportunity to be a part of the unique endeavour of Esch2022 and to network with a lot of different stakeholders and partners
- A compensation commensurate with your experience
- A high level of autonomy and flexible working hours
More about the project ‘Remix Science: The sound of data’
The project is centred around the transformation of scientific data into music via data sonification. First scientific data will be collected, then transformed into “bricks” of music, which will then be used by musicians to compose music. Finally, the music will be played to the public in live performances. During the process conferences and communication activities will be organised to engage with the public.
How to apply
Please send your application to FNR Secretary General Marc Schiltz, with an indication of the reference E2022, including a motivation letter written in English and a detailed CV, by 29 November 2020 to Job2020@fnr.lu
Applications will be reviewed by a committee comprising representatives from the project partner institutions. For questions related to the present job offer, you may contact Mrs Jill Mousel at firstname.lastname@example.org.