The Science Section of the Institut Grand-Ducal de Luxembourg is organising a new series of interdisciplinary science lectures in Luxembourg (Belval), with the aim to bring the dynamic research and science scene in Luxembourg closer together and expose it to a wider audience. The first lecture takes place on 13 June and features Alexandre Tkatchenko, University of Luxembourg, followed by a lecture from Stéphane Bordas (University of Luxembourg) on 20 June.
The mission of the Science Section of the Institut Grand-Ducal de Luxembourg is to promote scientific culture and encourage scientific initiatives to meet the needs and challenges of society in the fields of natural, physical and mathematical sciences, both pure and applied. The Science Section is a centre for exchange and interdisciplinary cooperation between Luxembourg and foreign researchers.
The programme for this first series of lectures is as follows:
– 13 June: Alexandre Tkatchenko, University of Luxembourg
– 20 June: Stéphane Bordas, University of Luxembourg
– 27 June: Jaouad Bouayed, Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH)/Université de Lorraine
– 4 July: Henry-Michel Cauchie, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST)
– 11 July: Camille Perchoux, Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER)
The series of lectures will take place every Tuesday from 13 June to 11 July at 6.30pm on the Belval Campus.