LISER is organising a Workshop on “Globalization, Attitudes and Populism” in the context of the FNR INTER project EUFIRST, involving members of the Living Conditions department and the Crossing Borders programme.
The workshop deals with the causes and consequences of populism and sanction votes, their links with perceptions of inequality and cultural threats, trade and immigration shocks. The workshop is part of the EUFIRST supported by the Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR) (EUFIRST, n.13956644) and by the Belgian Fund for Scientific Research (FNRS). The objective of the project is to gain understanding of (i) the conditions that cause natives’ hostile or positive reactions to trade and migration; (ii) the specific determinants of left-wing and right-wing responses; (iii) the political competition induced by the entry or by the rise of populist parties (how does populism affect the political platform of traditional parties?); and (iv) the reverse impact of populism on the size and structure of trade and immigration.
The workshop will be held in the LISER Conference Room (11 Porte des Sciences, L-4366 Esch-sur-Alzette/Belval) on March 23-24, 2022. If you would like to attend, please make sure to register by Friday, March 18.
Click here to download the programme.
- Massimo Morelli (Bocconi University)
- Hillel Rapoport (Paris School of Economics)
- Gloria Gennaro (ETH Zurich)
- Dorothée Hillrichs (UCLouvain)
- Riccardo Turati (Universitat Autnoma Barcelona)
- Francesco Andreoli (University of Verona)
- Silvia Peracchi (University of Luxembourg)
- Etienne Bacher (LISER)
- Nicola Daniele Coniglio (University of Bari Aldo Moro)
- Massimo Bordignon (Catholic University of Milan)
Registration is free of charge but mandatory.