The Ministry of the Economy, the Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR) and Luxinnovation have joined forces to offer a new funding opportunity to companies, research and healthcare organisations looking to work together to evaluate the relevance and benefits of digital health technologies.
Goal of the Call is the development and validation of innovative digital health solutions benefiting the national healthcare system (patients, healthcare professionals, and/or payers).
Webinar on 4 May 2021
The Ministry of the Economy, the FNR and Luxinnovation are hosting a webinar on 4 May 2021 at 10:30am, which will explain how to prepare applications in order to respond to the joint call for healthtech projects that will be open until 30 June 2021. The webinar will be an excellent opportunity to learn more about the objectives of the call as well as the process of preparing applications, and to ask questions.
- Consortia are expected to include at least one participating company and one participating research organisation or hospital. An ideal consortium would have as close to an equal contribution between private and public parties as feasible, but at a maximum no party shall bear more than 70% of the total project costs.
- FNR will fund the costs of the accredited research organisations in Luxembourg, up to 700.000 EUR per project covering all project specific costs.
- The Ministry of the Economy will co-finance costs borne by Luxembourg eligible companies up to 700.000 EUR per project, using the R&D aid scheme. It is expected that projects shall be considered as experimental developments. In this case, maxima co-funding rates are as follows:
- Small enterprise: 60%; Medium enterprise: 50%; Large enterprise: 40%.
- Costs related to patents and certifications are only eligible for SMEs and will be co-funded up to 50% under the Innovation Aid for SMEs funding scheme.
- Self-funded international consortium partners are permitted to participate in the consortium.
Project durations are targeted for a 24 to 30 month period, with a 6 month extension to be requested if needed.
Call process & timeline
- Stage 1: Short proposal to be submitted (between 4 May and 30 June 2021, 11:00 CET)
- Stage 2: Full proposal to be submitted by each project participant (deadline 15 October 2021, 11:00 CET) either to the Ministry of the Economy for companies, or to FNR (through our Online Submission System) for accredited research organisations. The deliverable of the platform www.research-collaboration.lu will be a technical annex that will be appended to the aid/research project application.
- The results will be communicated in January 2022 and projects can start in February 2022.
- Projects have to be in line with the call topic.
- Companies must fulfil the criteria set out in the R&D aid scheme
- Research organisations must be eligible for funding with the FNR
- List of (currently) eligible research organisations: University of Luxembourg, LIH, LIST, LISER, CHL, LIROMS, Hellef doheem, CHEM, Cardiolinc, Alzheimer Europe, Rehazenter