PRIDE is the FNR’s main programme for funding doctoral research in Luxembourg. Under this programme, a block of PhD grants is awarded to a consortium of excellent researchers grouped around a coherent research and training programme. PRIDE is open to all domains of research and technological development.
PRIDE aims at attracting excellent PhD candidates to Luxembourg and offering them a high quality interdisciplinary research training. In the 2015 PRIDE call, 135 PhD positions were awarded in blocks to successful Doctoral Training Units (DTUs). These 135 PhD positions were complemented by 20 PhD and 2 institutionally funded Postdoc positions. The PhD candidates are recruited by the DTUs between 2016 – 18.
Compared to the AFR individual grant scheme for PhDs, PRIDE provides greater advantage to institutions and PhD candidates, as institutions are able to immediately offer a full PhD grant to promising candidates, without having to undergo a separate application and selection procedure at the FNR.
2017 PRIDE CALL
The 2017 PRIDE Call will launch in July 2017. This page will be updated accordingly with the launch of the Call.
DURATION & FUNDING SPECIFICS
The funding offered through PRIDE comprises:
- A specified number of PhD grants (each grant comprising the equivalent of a 4-year PhD employment contract + a training & travel allowance of 6.500 EUR).
- A lump sum of 8500 EUR of salary costs paid to the DTU in order to pay for training and other DTU direct costs.
- The Doctoral Training Unit (DTU) is the applying entity.
- Prospective PhD candidates apply directly to the successful DTUs for a PhD position.
- Both the “Commitment of participation” and the “PRIDE Full proposal” must be submitted by the DTU coordinator through the FNR Online Grant Management System.