PRIDE is the FNR’s new programme for funding doctoral research in Luxembourg. Under this programme, a block of PhD grants is awarded to a consortium of excellent researchers grouped around a coherent research and training programme. PRIDE is open to all domains of research and technological development.
PRIDE aims at attracting excellent PhD candidates to Luxembourg and offering them a high quality interdisciplinary research training. In the 2015 PRIDE call, 135 PhD positions are awarded in blocks to successful Doctoral Training Units (DTUs). The PhD candidates are recruited by the DTUs within the first 2 years of the PRIDE contract.
Compared to the AFR individual grant scheme for PhDs, PRIDE provides greater advantage to institutions and PhD candidates, as institutions are able to immediately offer a full PhD grant to promising candidates, without having to undergo a separate application and selection procedure at the FNR.
DURATION & FUNDING SPECIFICS
The funding offered through PRIDE comprises:
- A specified number of PhD grants (each grant comprising the equivalent of a 4-year PhD employment contract + a training & travel allowance of 6.500 EUR).
- A lump sum of 5% of salary costs paid to the DTU in order to pay for training and other DTU direct costs.
- The Doctoral Training Unit (DTU) is the applying entity.
- Prospective PhD candidates apply directly to the successful DTUs for a PhD position.
- Both the “Commitment of participation” and the “PRIDE Full proposal” must be submitted by the DTU coordinator through the FNR Online Grant Management System.