The OPEN programme provides funding for a limited number of high quality research projects in areas that are not covered by the national research priorities. More details will follow soon.
It aims at supporting established researchers to pursue innovative research projects of high scientific quality in emerging research areas in Luxembourg. OPEN is restricted to experienced researchers with a proven track record in their respective field.
OPEN projects have a lifespan of 2 – 3 years.
- The FNR allocates a maximum financial contribution of 3 MEUR for the OPEN 2020 Call which should allow to fund up to two projects.
- Co-funding of a minimum of 25% of the total project costs (all partners included) by the contracting research institution is required.
- Launch of 2020 OPEN Call and programme related information and documentation is expected to be published soon.
- Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, 22 April 2020, 14:00 CET. Same deadline as for the 2020 CORE Call.
- Funding decisions will be communicated to applicants by end-October 2020.
- Applicants should be aware that if the proposal falls within the thematic remit of the country’s research priorities, the proposal will be rejected.