The OPEN programme provides funding for a limited number of high quality research projects in areas that are not covered by the national research priorities. More details will follow soon.
It aims at supporting established researchers to pursue innovative research projects of high scientific quality in emerging research areas in Luxembourg. OPEN is restricted to experienced researchers with a proven track record in their respective field.
Info session slides
3. CORE & OPEN specifics, reminders and important take-aways
OPEN projects have a lifespan of 2 – 3 years.
- The FNR allocates a maximum financial contribution of 1.5 MEUR for the OPEN 2022 Call.
- Co-funding of a minimum of 25% of the total project costs (all partners included) by the contracting research institution is required.
- Deadline for submissions is 21 April 2022, 14:00 CET. (Same deadline as for the CORE Call.)
- Funding decisions will be communicated to applicants by end-October 2022.
- Applicants should be aware that if the proposal falls within the thematic remit of the country’s research priorities, the proposal will be rejected.