The OPEN programme provides funding for a limited number of high quality research projects in areas that are currently not covered by the FNR’s thematic CORE programme.
It aims at supporting established researchers to pursue innovative research projects of high scientific quality in emerging research areas in Luxembourg. OPEN is restricted to experienced researchers with a proven track record in their respective field.
New for 2018 Call
Please, note, beginning with this Call, FNR allows only one re-submission for each OPEN application.
Within the OPEN 2018 call, the FNR has introduced specific format requirement for the project description. Please carefully follow the specifications defined in the application guidelines.
OPEN projects have a lifespan of 2 – 3 years.
- The FNR allocates a maximum financial contribution of 1.2 MEUR for the OPEN 2018 Call which should allow to fund up to two projects.
- Co-funding of a minimum of 25% of the total project costs (all partners included) by the contracting research institution is required.
- 1 call per year
- Funding results of the 2018 Call will be communicated by mid-December 2018 at the latest.
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System
- The formal submission of the proposal to the FNR is done by an official representative of the host institution
- Applicants should be aware that if the proposal falls within the thematic remit of CORE, the proposal will be rejected.