The OPEN programme provides funding for a limited number of high quality research projects in areas that are currently not covered by the FNR’s thematic CORE programme.
It aims at supporting established researchers to pursue innovative research projects of high scientific quality in emerging research areas in Luxembourg. OPEN is restricted to experienced researchers with a proven track record in their respective field.
OPEN projects have a lifespan of 2 – 3 years.
- The OPEN 2017 Call budget is 1.2 MEUR.
- Co-funding of a minimum of 25% of the total project costs (all partners included) by the contracting research institution is required.
- General FNR: As of 1 January 2017, costs for project related publications are no longer eligible for funding as part of the programmes. Article processing fees for Open Access publications only can be refunded through the FNR’s “Open Access Fund”.
- 1 call per year
- Launch of 2017 Call: Friday, 16 December 2017. Deadline is Thursday, 15 June 2017.
- Funding results will be communicated by end October 2017 at the latest
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System
- The formal submission of the proposal to the FNR is done by an official representative of the host institution
- Applicants should be aware that if the proposal falls within the thematic remit of CORE, the proposal will be rejected.