The aim of the Industrial Partnership Block Grant (IPBG) programme is to foster the cooperation between Luxembourg based companies active in R&D and public research institutions in Luxembourg. This call is organised as a new pilot strand of the FNR’s innovation and industry partnership programmes AFR-PPP and CORE-PPP.
The IPBG awards a block allocation of PhD and/or Postdoc grants (AFR-PPP) in which Luxembourg-based industry partner(s) take the lead in arranging a research programme with a Luxembourg-based public research institution of their choice (in research relevant to FNR’s strategic priority areas).
DURATION & FUNDING SPECIFICS
- The FNR will support IPBG programmes for a minimum of 48 months and maximum of 72 months.
- At least 25% of the funding must be supplied by the industry partner(s).
- A minimum of 5 and maximum of 20 PhD and Postdoc grants can be awarded in this Call.
- Each grant comprises the equivalent of a 4-year AFR-PPP PhD / 2 year AFR-PPP Postdoc employment contract, plus a training & travel allowance of 6.000 EUR (PhD) and 4.000 EUR (Postdoc).
- Submissions are to be made by eligible public research institutions collaborating with Luxembourg-based industrial partners that have established a solid track record in collaborative doctoral training (at least 5 each).
- Notification of selected projects: maximum 3 months after submission.
- Programme Start: immediately after notification but at the latest 24 months after notification.
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System