The aim of the INTER mobility programme is to promote the exchange between research groups from public research institutions in Luxembourg, and leading research groups abroad. The programme aims to foster innovative, internationally competitive research – and support the exchange of key knowledge and technological know-how.
INTER mobility allows for exchanges in both directions:
- Researchers working in Luxembourg to go abroad, or
- Researchers from abroad to come to Luxembourg.
The programme may also contribute to bridging the gap between the research communities in the public sector and in business and industry – exchanges with foreign companies are highly welcome.
Earmarked grants for exchange with RIKEN (Japan) and UC Berkeley (US): The FNR intends to strengthen the cooperation between Luxembourg and specific strong research performers in selected countries. Therefore the FNR earmarks:
- 1 mobility grant for the exchange with RIKEN research centres in Japan.
- 1 mobility grant for the exchange with UC Berkeley in the US.
As for all other proposals, applications with RIKEN or UC Berkeley may cover ‘incoming’ or ‘outgoing’ mobility (or a combination of both).
The duration of the INTER Mobility exchange is between 6 weeks and 1 year.
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR’s Online Grant Management System.
- Funding decisions for applications submitted by 20/01 deadline will be communicated by end of April.
- Funding decisions for applications submitted by 30/06 deadline will be communicated by end of October.
- Please note this programme does not support research stays of early stage researchers (e.g. PhD candidates).