The aim of the INTER mobility programme is to promote the exchange between research groups from public research institutions in Luxembourg, and leading research groups abroad. The programme aims to foster innovative, internationally competitive research – and support the exchange of key knowledge and technological know-how.
INTER mobility allows for exchanges in both directions:
- Researchers working in Luxembourg to go abroad, or
- Researchers from abroad to come to Luxembourg.
The programme may also contribute to bridging the gap between the research communities in the public sector and in business and industry – exchanges with foreign companies are highly welcome.
- The FNR intends to support those researchers who fled the war in Ukraine. Therefore, the FNR earmarks 5 grants for the call 2022-2. These applications should cover only incoming senior researchers from Ukraine. They will be grouped in a Fast Track procedure and will be evaluated by an external Panel. The results of the Fast Track will be expected during August 2022.
- 1 mobility grant earmarked for the exchange with RIKEN research centres in Japan.
- 1 mobility grant earmarked for the exchange with UC Berkeley in the US.
As for all other proposals, applications with RIKEN or UC Berkeley may cover ‘incoming’ or ‘outgoing’ mobility (or a combination of both).
The duration of the INTER Mobility exchange is between 6 weeks and 1 year.
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR’s Online Grant Management System.
- Funding decisions for applications submitted by 20/01 deadline will be communicated by end of April.
- Funding decisions for applications submitted by 30/06 deadline will be communicated by end of November.
- Please note this programme does not support research stays of early stage researchers (e.g. PhD candidates).
Duration of individual research stays
Travels should be cost-effective, with two reference amounts depending on the family situation of the researcher:
- 1 round trip per cumulated stay of 3 months for the researcher (e.g. for a mobility of 6 weeks FNR covers only 1 round trip; for a mobility of 8 months split on shorter stays FNR covers up to 2 round trips);
- 1 round trip per cumulated stay of 6 months per family member, if applicable (e.g. for a mobility of 5 months the family costs are not covered by FNR, for a mobility of 6 months not split in shorter stays the FNR covers 1 round trip per family member).
Mobility allowance for a researcher with accompanying family: €1500/month only for research stays longer than 6 months.