**Update 16 March 2020: Due to COVID-19, the FNR has decided to postpone the deadline for the submission of annual reports by 6 weeks, to 15 May 2020. The deadline for submission of proposals in the running BRIDGES call has been postponed to 4 May 2020.**
The BRIDGES programme (formerly CORE-PPP) provides financial support for industry partnerships between public research institutions in Luxembourg and national or international companies.
Specific objectives of BRIDGES:
- Stimulate strong partnerships between public research institutes and companies, particularly activities that promote innovation and sustainable value creation;
- Facilitate access to advanced industrial technology and expertise worldwide;
- Utilise and strengthen national testbed facilities and living labs;
- Increase the attractiveness of Luxembourg as an innovation hub based on advanced technological research
The FNR will support BRIDGES projects for a minimum 12 and maximum 36 months.
- Funding of no more than 400,000 EUR can be awarded to successful applications that guarantee a balanced partnership.
- Luxembourg-based collaborating companies are required to cover 15% of the eligible project costs.
- International-based collaborating companies are required to cover 30% of the eligible project costs
- 2 Calls per year
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System.
- Funding decisions are communicated no more than 3 months after the submission deadline
- The project should be jointly developed by the applicant, the company and the public partner (e.g. the university)