The BRIDGES programme provides financial support for industry partnerships between public research institutions in Luxembourg and national or international companies.
Specific objectives of BRIDGES:
- Stimulate strong partnerships between public research institutes and companies, particularly activities that promote innovation and sustainable value creation;
- Facilitate access to advanced industrial technology and expertise worldwide;
- Utilise and strengthen national testbed facilities and living labs;
- Increase the attractiveness of Luxembourg as an innovation hub based on advanced technological research
The FNR will support BRIDGES projects for a minimum 12 and maximum 36 months.
- Funding of no more than 400,000 EUR can be awarded to successful applications that guarantee a balanced partnership.
- Luxembourg-based collaborating companies are required to cover 15% of the eligible project costs.
- International-based collaborating companies are required to cover 30% of the eligible project costs
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System.
- Funding decisions are communicated no more than 3 months after the submission deadline
- The project should be jointly developed by the applicant, the company and the public partner (e.g. the university)
Joint thematic BRIDGES calls with Luxembourg ministries in the fields of Agriculture (Ministry of Agriculture); Healthtech (Ministry of the Economy & Luxinnovation); High Performance Computing (Ministry of the Economy & Luxinnovation); Defense (Ministry of Defense); and Luxaid (Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs & LuxDev).