The ATTRACT programme is designed for researchers not yet established in Luxembourg, who demonstrate the potential to become leaders in their field of research. The scheme offers promising junior researchers the opportunity to set up their own research team within one of the country’s research institutions.
Researchers are eligible between 2 and 8 years after their PhD, they must have an outstanding track record in their field which has to fit strategically to the research agenda of the Luxembourg host institution.
Host institutions offer candidates the prospect of developing an own research line. ATTRACT fellows are offered individual coaching and a career track towards a tenured position.
ATTRACT fellowships have a lifespan of 5 years.
The financial contribution by the FNR can be up to 1.5 MEUR for Starting Investigators (Postdoc & Junior Researcher level) or 2 MEUR for Consolidating Investigators (Established Researcher level). In the 2023 Call, the FNR expects to be able to fund 1 – 2 projects.
- Interested candidates must check well in advance whether the Luxembourg host institution for their ATTRACT grant has an internal deadline prior to the FNR deadline.
- The ATTRACT programme has 1 Call per year
- The candidate must have 2 – 8 years proven experience in the R&D context, following the successful completion of a doctoral degree.
- Research proposals must be submitted jointly by the candidate and host institution (candidates should contact their intended host institution well ahead of the FNR deadline to align with the institutions internal deadlines).
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System.
Funded ATTRACT Fellows
LATEST ATTRACT NEWS
- Call & funding news
- Materials, Physics & Engineering
- Spotlight on Young Researchers
- Women in science