Proof of Concept (PoC) is the FNR’s facilitation programme for successful commercialisation of research results.
With the goal of encouraging the translation of high impact research into commercially viable innovations, the PoC programme provides financial support to universities and research institutes in Luxembourg, to help them make their research ideas more attractive to potential investors.
Through this programme, FNR will invest in the pre-commercialization of leading-edge technologies/concepts/products emerging from Luxembourgish research institutions, such as:
- Early stage development projects;
- Feasibility studies;
- Working prototypes;
- Further IP protection and strengthening;
Pilot concepts and devices of highly innovative nature in order to facilitate the solicitation of private sector funding and partnering.
This scheme covers projects that are at a Technology Readiness Level TRL 3 up to TRL 7 and is open to the following domains:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Advanced Materials
PoC projects have a maximum lifespan of 24 months.
- Up to 500,000 EUR can be awarded for PoC projects in the domain of biomedical sciences
- Up to 250,000 EUR can be awarded in projects in other domains (ICT, Engineering, Advanced Materials)
- 2 Calls per year
- Funding decisions are communicated no more than 2 months after submission deadline
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System.