The FNR JUMP programme (formerly PoC) is a competitive funding programme, open to all research domains, that is designed to help bridge the technical and funding gap between research-driven discoveries and their commercialisation/utilisation, thereby enhancing the impact of Luxembourg’s research on economy and society.
FNR will provide financial support to advance the development of applied research-driven and leading-edge technologies/concepts, products and services that have potential for:
- Enabling the creation of a start-up company that will further develop and commercialize the invention; or
- Licensing to an existing company;
- Further funding and collaboration (private or public) in view of commercialisation;
JUMP is not intended to support basic research or existing start-up companies, but rather it will support proof of concept activities to advance research-driven technologies that have potential for a socio-economic impact. JUMP is designed to facilitate the researcher’s ability to leverage external funding to serve as a bridge toward product development and commercialisation/utilisation.
New for 2020
Each strand in the JUMP Call now has one deadline per year. (previously: 2 deadlines per year)
Pathfinder deadline is 30 January 2020, 14:00 CET, while the Proof of Concept deadline is 25 September 2020, 14:00 CET.
Pathfinder projects are now supported for up to 6 months (previously: 4 months)
DURATION & FUNDING SPECIFICS
FNR will support funding for Pathfinder projects up to 50,000 EUR for a maximum period of 6 months.
Proof of Concept
FNR will support funding for Proof of Concept projects up to 400,000 EUR to successful project applications in the domain of biomedical sciences and funding up to 200,000 EUR for any other domain for a recommended maximum period of 24 months.
- Pathfinder deadline 30 January 2020, 14:00 CET, Proof of Concept deadline 25 September 2020, 14:00 CET.
- Funding decisions are communicated no more than 2 months after submission deadline
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System.
Applying to Pathfinder
Pre-requisite: Research-related ideas must be scientifically validated
Applying to Proof of Concept
Pre-requisite: clear understanding and evidence of the market (Pathfinder Report or other documented similar proof of market) must be available before applying to the Proof of Concept phase and are part of a Proof of Concept application.
Panel dates information
- Pathfinder Panel: 2 March 2020
- Proof of Concept Biotech Panel: 12 November 2020
- Proof of Concept Tech Panel: 13 November 2020