The Active and Assistive Living (AAL) programme funds projects in industry partnerships in the field of information and communication technology (ICT) for active and healthy ageing.
The overall objective of AAL is to enhance the quality of life of older adults while strengthening the industrial base in Europe through the use of ICT. Since 2008, AAL has issued 7 calls for proposals each focusing on different issues and has funded 154 trans-national innovations projects with over 1000 partners.
Almost half of these project partners are small and medium enterprises (SMEs), which are collaborating with user organisations, large enterprises, universities and research organisations in the development of innovative solutions.
2018 AAL CALL FOR PROPOSALS ‘SMART SOLUTIONS FOR AGEING WELL’
The 2018 AAL Call was launched on 5 February February 2018 and is themed ‘Smart Solutions for Ageing well’. Deadline to submit proposals is Monday, 28 may 2018.
The aim of this call is to support innovative, transnational and multi-disciplinary collaborative projects.
The AAL Call 2018 has the following key features which differ in terms of scope and flexibility from previous AAL calls.
1. The AAL Call 2018 is open to developing ICT-based solutions targeting any application area(s) within the AAL domain. The solutions need to be embedded into the strategies of the participating end-user organisations, service providers and business partners. The wishes and aspirations of older adults in combination with the demands from the other stakeholders involved – e.g. providers and payers – will have a critical role in shaping useful and attractive AAL solutions with a high market potential.
2. The AAL Call 2018 allows for more flexibility regarding the scope, size and duration of the proposed projects
- The FNR supports Luxembourg research institutions
- Luxinnovation offers support for businesses and companies.
- Applications submitted to AAL must also be submitted to the FNR, along with the FNR INTER documents – no later than 5 days after the AAL deadline.
- Applications to the FNR must be submitted through the FNR’s Online Grant Management System.
- All further information relating to the 2018 Call can be found on the AAL website.