The NORFACE and HERA networks announced the CHANSE (Collaboration of Humanities and Social Sciences in Europe) consortium in 2020.
CHANSE will support new and innovative research into the workings, meaning and consequences of transformations and innovations in the present digital age, viewed through the lens of the social and cultural dynamics. The objective of the call is to help understand how digital innovations give rise to social and cultural changes, and are also influenced by society and culture.
The programme will be implemented by 27 research funding organisations from 24 countries, coordinated by the National Science Centre, Poland (NCN).
Read the full CHANSE call topic description
Recommended cap on funding for one international project: 1.5 MEUR.
The total call budget amounts to EUR 36 MEUR and includes over EUR 26 MEUR of national allocations complemented by up to 10 MEUR in co-funding from the European Commission.
24 – 36 months.
CHANSE submission information will follow with the launch of the Call.
- Please note all joint applications must also be submitted to the FNR by the Luxembourg-based scientist, along with the FNR INTER documents.
- This must be done no later than 5 days after the lead agency deadline, and must be done via the FNR Online Grant Management System.
- Official call announcement and launch of the submission system: March 2021
- Deadline for outline proposals: 7 May, 2021, 14.00 CET
- Deadline for full proposals (for invited applicants): 7 December 2021, 14.00 CET
- Call results: May/June 2022
- Earliest funded project start: September/October 2022
Partner search tool
In order to facilitate the process of forming research consortia, we offer applicants a partner search tool. This tool can be used by projects looking for partners and partners looking for projects.
Project team: Composed of at least four Principal Investigators, i.e. partners, eligible to receive funding from the CHANSE funders from four or more different countries participating in the call