The NORFACE and HERA networks announced the CHANSE (Collaboration of Humanities and Social Sciences in Europe) consortium in 2020.
Call topic: Transformations: Social and Cultural Dynamics in the Digital Age
CHANSE will support new and innovative research into the workings, meaning and consequences of transformations and innovations in the present digital age, viewed through the lens of the social and cultural dynamics.
Whilst the call text does not preclude comparison with or investigation into other regions, every proposal must demonstrate a strong European dimension, i.e. investigating the changes taking place/affecting Europe as a whole, or at the level of a European country, city, community, etc.
Read the full CHANSE call topic description
Recommended cap on funding for one international project: 1.5 MEUR.
The total call budget amounts to EUR 36 MEUR and includes over EUR 26 MEUR of national allocations complemented by up to 10 MEUR in co-funding from the European Commission.
24 – 36 months.
CHANSE submission information will follow with the launch of the Call.
- Please note all joint applications must also be submitted to the FNR by the Luxembourg-based scientist, along with the FNR INTER documents.
- This must be done no later than 7 days after the lead agency deadline, and must be done via the FNR Online Grant Management System.
- Official Call announcement and launch of the electronic submission system: 9 March 2021
- Deadline for outline proposals: 7 May 2021, 14.00 CET
- Deadline for full proposals (for invited applicants): 7 December 2021, 14.00 CET
- Call results: May/June 2022
- Earliest funded project start: September/October 2022
Partner search tool
In order to facilitate the process of forming research consortia, we offer applicants a partner search tool. This tool can be used by projects looking for partners and partners looking for projects.
Project team: Composed of at least four Principal Investigators, i.e. partners, eligible to receive funding from the CHANSE funders from four or more different countries participating in the call