In order to support Research and Innovation in this regard, the ERA-NETs SUSFOOD2 and CORE Organic Cofund (SF/CO) build a network with 22 funding bodies from 18 countries/regions committing 10,585 MEUR to launch a Joint Call for transnational research.
This Joint Call was initiated under the premise that attaining secure food and nutrition supply in the future will require a transition from current linear food production, to sustainable, cyclical oriented systems (on land and sea) that also respond to consumers demand for a diverse, healthy, safe and attractive diet.
The proposals must create an added value for sustainable and organic food systems in line with the objectives of both ERA-NETs. The applicants are encouraged to follow multi-actor, multi-disciplinary and system approach in context of the call topics:
- Topic 1: Resource-efficient, circular and zero-waste food systems
- Topic 2: Diversity in food from field to plate
- Topic 3: Mild food processing
- Topic 4: Sustainable and smart packaging
The FNR supports this Call with 50.000 EUR.
The total budget for the Call is 10,585 MEUR, provided by 22 funding agencies in 18 countries/regions.
- Luxembourg applicants must also submit the proposal – along with the FNR INTER documents – to the FNR no later than 5 working days after the deadline.
- All applications must be submitted to the FNR via the FNR Online Grant Management System.