Through RESCOM: Scientific Events, the FNR supports communication between researchers to promote scientific outcomes.
Funding is awarded for:
- The organisation of International Scientific Conferences taking place in Luxembourg, which present topics at the forefront of scientific research and bring together at least 100 researchers from around the world;
- The organisation of lecture series featuring highly recognised researchers from across the world whose research results impact the research landscape.
Funding can be awarded to public institutions performing research in Luxembourg, as well as non-profit organisations who have obtained authorisation from the Ministry of Higher Education and Research. During the selection process of lecturers and/or keynote speakers, the FNR expects the applicant to adopt an inclusive attitude towards gender and ethnic diversity, while also considering experts from different career stages.
Lecture Series: The total amount of FNR funding for Lecture Series is limited to a maximum of EUR 2,000 per lecture.
International Scientific Conferences: The FNR co-finances up to 50% of the real eligible costs (including all other FNR funding sources). The total amount of FNR funding for International Scientific Conferences is limited to a maximum of EUR 50,000.
All applications must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System.
- For proposals submitted by the 20 January deadline, lectures can take place no earlier than 15 May (same year).
- For proposals submitted by the 30 June deadline, lectures can take place no earlier than 15 November (same year).
International Scientific Conferences
- For proposals submitted by the 20 January deadline, the conference can take place no earlier than 15 July (same year).
- For proposals submitted by the 30 June deadline, the conferences can take place no earlier than 15 January (following year).