The FNR JUMP programme is a competitive funding programme, open to all research domains, that is designed to help bridge the technical and funding gap between research-driven discoveries and their commercialisation/utilisation, thereby enhancing the impact of Luxembourg’s research on economy and society.
FNR will provide financial support to advance the development of applied research-driven and leading-edge technologies/concepts, products and services that have potential for:
- Enabling the creation of a start-up company that will further develop and commercialize the invention; or
- Licensing to an existing company;
- Further funding and collaboration (private or public) in view of commercialisation;
JUMP is not intended to support basic research or existing start-up companies, but rather it will support proof of concept activities to advance research-driven technologies that have potential for a socio-economic impact. JUMP is designed to facilitate the researcher’s ability to leverage external funding to serve as a bridge toward product development and commercialisation/utilisation.
DURATION & FUNDING SPECIFICS
FNR will support JUMP projects with a maximum length of 24 months. Projects can start immediately after notification of the funding decision and no later than 6 months thereafter.
For projects in the biomedical sciences, successful project applications will be funded with a maximum of 450,000 EUR.
In all other domains, funding is limited to maximum 250,000 EUR.
- Funding decisions are communicated no more than 2 months after submission deadline.
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System.
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Information & Communication Technologies
- Life Sciences, Biology & Medicine
- Materials, Physics & Engineering
- Research meets industry
- Spotlight on Young Researchers
- Women in science