The FNR JUMP programme (formerly PoC) is a competitive funding programme, open to all research domains, that is designed to help bridge the technical and funding gap between research-driven discoveries and their commercialisation/utilisation, thereby enhancing the impact of Luxembourg’s research on economy and society.
FNR will provide financial support to advance the development of applied research-driven and leading-edge technologies/concepts, products and services that have potential for:
- Enabling the creation of a start-up company that will further develop and commercialize the invention; or
- Licensing to an existing company;
- Further funding and collaboration (private or public) in view of commercialisation;
JUMP is not intended to support basic research or existing start-up companies, but rather it will support proof of concept activities to advance research-driven technologies that have potential for a socio-economic impact. JUMP is designed to facilitate the researcher’s ability to leverage external funding to serve as a bridge toward product development and commercialisation/utilisation.
How is JUMP different from PoC?
The PoC programme has been restructured, in addition to now being called JUMP instead of PoC, the JUMP Program is structured in two phases: Pathfinder and Proof of Concept projects.
DURATION & FUNDING SPECIFICS
FNR will support funding for Pathfinder projects up to 50,000 EUR for a maximum period of 4 months.
Proof of Concept
FNR will support funding for Proof of Concept projects up to 400,000 EUR to successful project applications in the domain of biomedical sciences and funding up to 200,000 EUR for any other domain for a recommended maximum period of 24 months.
- 2 deadlines per year – same deadline for both Pathfinder & Proof of Concept
- Funding decisions are communicated no more than 2 months after submission deadline
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System.
Applying to Pathfinder
Pre-requisite: Research-related ideas must be scientifically validated
Applying to Proof of Concept
Pre-requisite: clear understanding and evidence of the market (Pathfinder Report or other documented similar proof of market) must be available before applying to the Proof of Concept phase and are part of a Proof of Concept application.