PRIMA is a new Partnership on Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area. Through Resarch Collaborative Projects PRIMA aims to build research and innovation capacities and to develop knowledge and common innovative solutions for agro-food systems, and water provision in the Mediterranean area to make to make them sustainable, in line with the UN 2030 agenda for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The PRIMA programme counts 15 Participating countries: Algeria; Croatia; Cyprus; France; Germany; Greece; Israel; Italy; Luxembourg; Malta; Portugal; Slovenia; Spain; Tunisia and Turkey. In addition, it is expected that Egypt; Jordan; Lebanon; Morocco are to be considered for the time being to be Participating States. Their full participation will be announced on the PRIMA website.
*Note, this Call is divided into Section 1 and Section 2. The FNR only financially supports Section 2, with Section 1 supported by the European Commission. Applicants considering applying to Section 1 do not have to involve the FNR in any application. This programme page reflects the information & deadlines from Section 2.*
PRIMA 2020 Call for proposals
The 2019 PRIMA Call for proposals centers on three thematic areas:
Thematic area: Management of Water
Topic 2.1.1 (RIA) Low cost, lean solutions for enhancing irrigation efficiency of small-scale farms
Thematic area: Farming Systems
Topic 2.2.1 (RIA) Re-design the agro-livelihood systems to ensure resilience
Thematic area: Agro-food Value Chain
Topic 2.3.1 (RIA) New optimization models of the agro food supply chain system to fair price for consumers and reasonable profit share for farmers
Visit the PRIMA website for full Call information
- The total indicative budget for the Section 2 of this Call is 38.1 MEUR
- The FNR supports Luxembourg partners in this Call with a maximum of 300,000 EUR (Section 2 of the Call only)
- This Call runs in two stages: pre-proposals and full proposals
- All applications must be submitted to PRIMA via their Electronic Submission System (ESS): Please note, the ESS can now be used to submit Section 2 proposals. A “Submit Proposal” tab is located at the top right corner of the Section 2 call page of the PRIMA website. By clicking on the “Submit Proposal” tab, you will be redirected to the ESS. Guidance on how to use the ESS can be found in the ESS handbook.
- Additionally, the Luxembourg partners must submit the PRIMA documents to the FNR, along with the INTER documents, no later than 5 working days after the PRIMA deadline(s). This must be done via the FNR Online Grant Management System.