CHIST-ERA is a consortium of research funding organisations in Europe and beyond supporting useinspired basic research in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) or at the interface between ICT and other domains. The CHIST-ERA consortium is itself supported by the European Union’s Future & Emerging Technologies (FET) programme. CHIST-ERA promotes novel and multidisciplinary research with the potential to lead to significant technology breakthroughs in the long term. The funding organisations jointly support high risk and high impact research projects selected in the framework of CHIST-ERA, in order to reinforce European capabilities in promising new or emerging ICT or ICT related research topics.
Topic focus of 2020 Call
- Advanced Brain-Computer Interfaces for Novel Interactions (BCI)
- Towards Sustainable ICT (S-ICT)
Luxembourg researchers can submit to either of the two topics. Maximum one application per PI.
Partner search tool
To help researchers finding partners, a Partner Search Tool is provided in order to submit expressions of interest by filling in a web form.
View the complete Call information on the CHIST-ERA website
- The total budget for this Call is around 11.5 MEUR.
- The FNR supports this Call with 350.000 EUR.
- Max 1 application per PI
- Applications can be submitted either of the two topics
- The Luxembourg project partner needs to be eligible for FNR funding, while the foreign project partner needs to be eligible for funding from the foreign funding agency(-ies) participating in the call.
- Additionally to submitting to the lead agency/ organising network abroad, all applications have to be submitted through the FNR Online Grant Management System by the Luxembourg partner, including the FNR INTER documents.
- Proposals must be submitted to the FNR at latest 5 working days after the lead-agency’s deadline. Applicants will need to provide basic information and attach the proposal (including all further relevant documents) based on the form provided by the lead agency/ organising network.