CHIST-ERA is a programme for European Coordinated Research on Long-term Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and ICT-based scientific challenges. The FNR participates in this ERA-NET for the first time with the 2019 Call.
CHIST-ERA is a coordination and co-operation activity of national and regional research funding organisations mainly in Europe and is supported by the Horizon 2020 Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) programme of the European Union through the ERA-NET Cofund funding scheme. The aim is to reinforce the transnational collaboration between the participating states in challenging multidisciplinary research in the ICT and ICT-based areas with the potential to lead to significant breakthroughs. On a yearly basis, the partner organisations identify emergent scientific fields allowing researchers to engage in high risk, high impact projects by launching a transnational call for research proposals.
Topic focus of 2019 Call
- Explainable Machine Learning-based Artificial Intelligence
- Novel Computational Approaches for Environmental Sustainability
Luxembourg researchers can submit to either of the two topics. Maximum one application per PI.
Partner search tool
To help researchers finding partners, a Partner Search Tool is provided in order to submit expressions of interest by filling in a web form.
View the complete Call information on the CHIST-ERA website
- The total budget for this Call is around 16 MEUR.
- The FNR supports this Call with 350.000 EUR.
- Max 1 application per PI
- Applications can be submitted either of the two topics
- The Luxembourg project partner needs to be eligible for FNR funding, while the foreign project partner needs to be eligible for funding from the foreign funding agency(-ies) participating in the call.
- Additionally to submitting to the lead agency/ organising network abroad, all applications have to be submitted through the FNR Online Grant Management System by the Luxembourg partner, including the FNR INTER documents.
- Proposals must be submitted to the FNR at latest 5 working days after the lead-agency’s deadline. Applicants will need to provide basic information and attach the proposal (including all further relevant documents) based on the form provided by the lead agency/ organising network.