The M-ERA.NET Call 2021 was launched on 15 March 2021. 45 funding agencies from 32 countries participate with a total budget of approximately 60 MEUR, including an EU contribution.
The aim is to fund ambitious transnational RTD projects addressing materials research and innovation including materials for low carbon energy technologies, future batteries technology and related production technologies. M-ERA.NET aims to strengthen the contribution of materials R&D to energy-related applications where applicable.
The Call 2021 includes the following thematic areas:
- Modelling for materials engineering, processing, properties and durability
- Innovative surfaces, coatings and interfaces
- High performance composites
- Functional materials
- New strategies for advanced material-based technologies for health applications
- Materials for additive manufacturing
More information about the participating funding organisations and conditions are available on the M-ERA.NET website
M-ERA.NET hosted a webinar on 25 March 2021 regarding the M-ERA.NET 3 – Cofunded Call 2021.
The total budget foreseen for this call is 60 MEUR.
The total FNR financial contribution for this M-ERA.NET call is limited to EUR 500.000.
Luxembourg participants: A principal investigator may act in one proposal only. A consortium leader from a Luxembourg-based public research institution should be a researcher with solid experience of managing collaborative research projects.
1. WHERE TO APPLY
Submissions have to be done through the online submission system of the M-ERA.NET website, where the call documents are also available.
Applications not submitted through the M-ERA.NET website cannot be retained for review.
In addition to the M-ERA.NET documents, Luxembourg applicants need to submit the FNR INTER documents via the FNR Online Grant Management System. Applicants will need to provide basic information and attach the proposal (including all further relevant documents) based on the form provided by the M-ERA.NET call.
2. WHEN TO APPLY
- Pre-proposal deadline: 15 June 2021, 12:00 CET
- Pre-proposal selection and invitation to submit a full-proposal: mid-September 2021
- Full proposal deadline: 17 November 2021, 12:00 CET
- Start of funded projects: February–May 2022