The M-ERA.NET Call 2019 was launched on 19 March 2019. 35 funding agencies from 26 countries participate with a total budget of more than 25 million € national/regional funding.
The aim is to fund ambitious transnational RTD projects addressing materials research and innovation including materials for low carbon energy technologies and related production technologies. M-ERA.NET aims to strengthen the contribution of materials R&D to energy-related applications where applicable.
M-ERA.NET aims to address societal challenges and technological needs with an interdisciplinary approach, providing a flexible umbrella structure to cover emerging topics in materials research and innovation, including materials for low carbon energy technologies and related production technologies.
The 2019 M-ERA.NET call includes the following thematic areas:
- Modeling for materials engineering and processing
- Innovative surfaces, coatings and interfaces
- High performance composites
- Functional materials
- New strategies for advanced material-based technologies in health applications
- Materials for additive manufacturing
The total FNR financial contribution for this M-ERA.NET call is limited to EUR 500.000.
Luxembourg participants: A principal investigator may act in one proposal only. A consortium leader from a Luxembourg-based public research institution should be a researcher with solid experience of managing collaborative research projects.
1. WHERE TO APPLY
Submissions have to be done through the online submission system of the M-ERA.NET website, where the call documents are also available.
Applications not submitted through the M-ERA.NET website cannot be retained for review.
In addition to the M-ERA.NET documents, Luxembourg applicants need to submit the FNR INTER documents via the FNR Online Grant Management System. Applicants will need to provide basic information and attach the proposal (including all further relevant documents) based on the form provided by the M-ERA.NET call.
2. WHEN TO APPLY
- Pre-proposal deadline is Tuesday, 18 June 2019, 12:00 CET
- Pre-proposal selection and invitation to submit a full-proposal: September/October 2019
- Full proposal deadline is Tuesday, 19 November 2019, 12:00 CET
- Pre-proposal feedback: September 2019
- Full proposal feedback: February 2020