The M-ERA.NET Call 2017 was launched on 14 March 2017. More than 30 funding agencies from more than 25 countries participate with a preliminary total budget of around 25 MEUR national/regional funding.
The aim is to fund ambitious transnational RTD projects addressing materials research and innovation including materials for low carbon energy technologies and related production technologies. M-ERA.NET aims to strengthen the contribution of materials R&D to energy-related applications where applicable.
The 2017 M-ERA.NET call includes the following thematic areas:
- Integrated computational materials engineering (ICME)
- Innovative surfaces, coatings and interfaces
- High performance composites
- Multifunctional materials
- New strategies for advanced material-based technologies in health applications
- Materials for additive manufacturing
The total FNR financial contribution for this M-ERA.NET call is limited to EUR 500.000.
Luxembourg participants: A principal investigator may act in one proposal only. A consortium leader from a Luxembourg-based public research institution should be a researcher with solid experience of managing collaborative research projects.
1. WHERE TO APPLY
Submissions have to be done through the online submission system of the M-ERA.NET website, where the call documents are also available.
Applications not submitted through the M-ERA.NET website cannot be retained for review.
In addition to the M-ERA.NET documents, Luxembourg applicants need to submit the FNR INTER documents via the FNR Online Grant Management System. Applicants will need to provide basic information and attach the proposal (including all further relevant documents) based on the form provided by the M-ERA.NET call.
2. WHEN TO APPLY
- Pre and full proposals must be submitted to M-ERA.NET by the stated deadlines (Pre-proposals: 13 June 2017, 12:00 CET, full proposals: 9 November 2017, 12:00 CET)
- Applications to the FNR must be submitted no later than 5 days after the M-ERA.NET deadlines.
- Pre-proposal feedback: September 2017
- Full proposal feedback: February 2018