M-ERA.NET 3, the pan-European and international network for research and innovation on materials and battery technologies, supporting the European Green Deal, launched its Call 2022 on 15 March 2022.
More than 30 national and regional funding organisations are participating in that call with an indicative total budget of more than 25 Million €.
The transnational projects funded by M-ERA.NET are expected to contribute to clean energy-related applications and battery technologies by improving the efficiency of production processes, reducing the usage of materials and energy resources and by improving materials properties such as durability. New approaches to health applications with the focus on advanced materials and coatings will also be addressed. As a new topic, materials for electronics is included.
The Call 2022 includes the following thematic areas:
- Materials for energy
- Innovative surfaces, coatings and interfaces
- High performance composites
- Functional materials
- New strategies for advanced material-based technologies in health applications
- Materials for electronics
- Deadline for mandatory pre-proposals is 15 June 2022 (12:00 noon / Brussels time)
- All the details on topics, participating countries/regions can be found on the Call 2022 information page.
- We strongly recommend contacting your regional/national funding agency for regional/national programme details.
More information about the participating funding organisations and conditions are available on the M-ERA.NET website
The total FNR financial contribution for this M-ERA.NET call is limited to EUR 500.000.
Luxembourg participants: A principal investigator may act in one proposal only. A consortium leader from a Luxembourg-based public research institution should be a researcher with solid experience of managing collaborative research projects.
1. WHERE TO APPLY
Submissions have to be done through the online submission system of the M-ERA.NET website, where the call documents are also available.
Applications not submitted through the M-ERA.NET website cannot be retained for review.
In addition to the M-ERA.NET documents, Luxembourg applicants need to submit the FNR INTER documents via the FNR Online Grant Management System. Applicants will need to provide basic information and attach the proposal (including all further relevant documents) based on the form provided by the M-ERA.NET call.
2. WHEN TO APPLY
- Pre-proposal deadline: 15 June 2022, 12:00 CET
- Pre-proposal selection and invitation to submit a full-proposal: mid-September 2021
- Full proposal deadline: 17 November 2022, 12:00 CET
- Start of funded projects: February–May 2023