PRIMA is a new Partnership on Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area. Through Resarch Collaborative Projects PRIMA aims to build research and innovation capacities and to develop knowledge and common innovative solutions for agro-food systems, and water provision in the Mediterranean area to make to make them sustainable, in line with the UN 2030 agenda for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The PRIMA programme counts 15 Participating countries: Algeria; Croatia; Cyprus; France; Germany; Greece; Israel; Italy; Luxembourg; Malta; Portugal; Slovenia; Spain; Tunisia and Turkey. In addition, it is expected that Egypt; Jordan; Lebanon; Morocco are to be considered for the time being to be Participating States. Their full participation will be announced on the PRIMA website.
PRIMA 2018 Call for proposals
The 2018 PRIMA Call for proposals centers on three thematic areas:
Thematic area 1: Sustainable water management for arid and semi-arid Mediterranean area
Topic 1.1.1: Water resources availability and quality within catchments and aquifers
Topic 1.1.2: Sustainable, integrates water management
Topic 1.1.3: Irrigation technologies and practices
Thematic area 2: Sustainable farming systems under Mediterranean environmental constraints
Topic 1.2.1: Adaptation of agriculture to climate change
Topic 1.2.2: Preventing and controlling emergence of animal and plant diseases
Topic 1.2.3: Developing farming systems able to generate income, to create employment and to contribute to a balanced territorial development
Thematic area 3: Mediterranean food value chain for regional and local development
Topic 1.3.1: Valorising food products from traditional Mediterranean diet
Topic 1.3.2: Food safety in local food chains
Topic 1.3.3: Implications of dietary shifts and sustainable diets for the Mediterranean populations and food industry
Visit the PRIMA website for details on thematic areas and topics
- The total indicative budget for this Call is 30 MEUR
- The FNR supports Luxembourg partners in this Call with a maximum of 300,000 EUR
- This Call runs in two stages: pre-proposals and full proposals
- All applications must be submitted to PRIMA via their Electronic Submission System (ESS): Please note, the ESS can now be used to submit Section 2 proposals. A “Submit Proposal” tab is located at the top right corner of the Section 2 call page of the PRIMA website. By clicking on the “Submit Proposal” tab, you will be redirected to the ESS. Guidance on how to use the ESS can be found in the ESS handbook.
- Additionally, the Luxembourg partners must submit the PRIMA documents to the FNR, along with the INTER documents, no later than 5 working days after the PRIMA deadline(s). This must be done via the FNR Online Grant Management System.