*No Audace Call is foreseen in 2024, however researchers wishing to collaborate with Quebec may apply for the bilateral track in the CORE programme, deadline 17 April 2024, 14:00 CET.*
The main objective of this agreement is to foster cross-border collaboration between the scientific communities of Quebec and Luxembourg. In the framework of the AUDACE programme, the research consortia are invited to submit joint interdisciplinary projects. Three annual bilateral Calls are foreseen under this agreement, with FRQ Quebec serving as lead agency.
AUDACE aims to provide researchers from the three major sectors covered by the Fonds with favourable conditions for initiating projects with a high level of risk and the potential for high impacts, be they scientific, social, economic, technological, cultural, aesthetic, etc.
With the international “Québec-Luxembourg” AUDACE programme, researchers from Québec and Luxembourg are invited to submit proposals which are in line with an interdisciplinary/intersectoral (as defined by the FRQ) approach engage in a joint, co-created “research approach” whose mode of operation lies outside of the hierarchization of fields of knowledge – in the sense that they involve collaboration between at least two researchers from Québec coming from two sectors covered by different FRQ (Nature et technologies, Santé, Société et culture) and at least one researcher from Luxembourg with a complementary expertise.
The FNR allocates up to 100.000 EUR (+ 25% indirect costs) per 1-year Audace proposal. Up to 5 projects can be funded per call.
TIMELINE CALL 2022
- Launch 7 July 2022 done by FRQ, FNR webpage etc
- 29 July : webinar AUQL (with FNR) TBC : 14h00 CET)
- 10 August FRQ webinar and 11 august FRQ and FNR TBC : 14h00 CET
- 8 September PP deadline
- 8 December FP deadline
- Results end April 2023
- Please note all both pre- and full proposal must also be submitted to the FNR by the Luxembourg-based scientist.
- This must be done no later than 7 working days after the lead agency deadline, and the FNR INTER documents must be included in the submission.
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System.