All proposals submitted within the SNF-FNR agreement must demonstrate the added value of the cooperation between Switzerland and Luxembourg-based scientists.
By definition the Lead Agency is located in the country in which the higher funding amount is requested. In unclear or borderline cases, the funding organisations involved must be contacted to determine the Lead Agency prior to submission.
Proposals under this agreement must be submitted in line with the guidelines for the FNR’s CORE programme. Submissions to the FNR under the SNF – FNR agreement must adhere to the CORE priority research domains, and the annual CORE deadline.
FUNDING & DURATION
The joint project is funded by both the SNF and the FNR respectively, according to the same conditions and national rules (“Project funding” of the SNF, and the CORE programme rules).
Concerning the project duration, proposals under this agreement must comply with the guidelines of the respective Lead Agency (maximum 4 years, if the project is submitted to SNF; maximum 3 years, if the project is submitted to FNR).
Swiss-Luxembourgish proposals may be submitted to SNF according to the rules set out on the SNF website (external link).
1. WHERE TO APPLY: LEAD AGENCY
- In order to determine whether the SNF or FNR will serve as Lead Agency, applicants must calculate the person months of the involved collaborators in the project beforehand (this includes any contributing collaborators).
- The agency funding the part of the project with the most person months will serve as the lead agency. The full proposal must be submitted to the lead agency by the given deadline.
- In cases where the FNR is not lead agency, the full proposal must still be submitted to the FNR, including additional documents (INTER documents). This must be done no more than 5 days after the lead agency deadline.
- All applications submitted to the FNR must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System.
2. WHEN TO APPLY
Applications for which the FNR acts as lead agency must be submitted by the FNR’s annual CORE deadline. Applications for which the SNF serves as Lead Agency must be submitted by 1 April or 1 October of every year.
The proposal is evaluated by the lead agency only, according to national rules. The partner funding organisation accepts the evaluation results as a basis for its decision process.