The EU-funded TRANSCAN-3 project is bringing together 31 funding organisations from 20 countries, with the common goal of supporting high-impact translational cancer research. Through cross-national joint calls for proposals and making the most of international and interregional cooperation, TRANSCAN-3 aims to provide influential contributions as well as a sustainable model of funding for ground-breaking translational cancer research in Europe and beyond.
2023 Call: Translational research on cancer epigenetics
The expected outcome of the call is to improve the efficacy of current detection, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of cancers, through the development of novel approaches based on a better understanding of cancer epigenetics. The specific objectives of this funding opportunity are to stimulate new partnerships between researchers and clinicians and support original, high-quality projects, with significant clinical impact.
In the context of translational cancer research, this call for proposals comprises two general aims. Proposals will have to cover at least one of the undermentioned aims or sub-aims. Particular attention should be given to gender balance inclusion in order to intercept sex/gender differences and to consider the role of these differences in the addressed questions.
- Aim 1) The role of epigenetics in cancer initiation and progression.
- Aim 2) Validation of new epigenetics-based therapeutic strategies to limit cancer progression, prevent relapse/recurrence or increase the efficiency or reduce toxicity of existing anti-cancer therapies.
Applicants will have the opportunity to add an additional section for capacity building activities (with an associated separate budget, in compliance with the rules of their respective national/regional funding organisations). These activities have to be coherent with the objectives of the research project, and aimed to strengthening the ability of participating team(s) to perform the work detailed in the project plan as well as to improve, in the long term, the quality and potential of the translational research performed by the team(s).
View full call text on transcan.eu
FUNDING & DURATION
The FNR supports this call with 350,000 EUR.
Max. project duration: 3 years.
- Both pre- and full proposals must be written in English and must be submitted by the coordinator of the project as PDF files, using the form that can be downloaded from the electronic submission system or from the TRANSCAN website.
- The submission must be made through the dedicated electronic submission system PT-Outline. Registration is required before submission of the proposal.
- Luxembourg partners must submit both pre and full proposals, along with the FNR INTER Call documents to the FNR no later than 7 working days after the JTC deadline. Applications to the FNR must be submitted via the FNR’s Online Grant Management System.
|23 May 2022||Publication of the call|
|6 June 2022 at 16:00 (CEST)||Opening of the on-line submission system for pre-proposals|
|18 July 2022 at 12:00 (CEST)||Deadline for pre-proposal submission|
|3 November 2022||Communication of the results of the pre-proposal assessment and invitation for full-proposal stage|
|17 November 2022||Opening of the submission system for full proposals|
|15 December 2022 at 12:00 (CET)||Deadline for full-proposal submission|
|Expected for April 2023||Communication of the funding decisions to the applicants|
|September 2023||Expected project start (also subject to regional/national procedures)|